Friday, August 15, 2008

First


...First! Ever read that on blog message boards when people write that? Honestly, come on, comma, haba. So in all actuality, "First" does symbolize so many things in my life right now, i.e. this blog, getting married!, purchasing real estate!, getting healthy, yup, wow, amazing stuff. 

So I figured now, if not never, would be the best time to blog about all of this fun stuff. We've got about 6 weeks left till the big day, and plans are coming together wonderfully. It's gonna be awesome, and going to be great to see all of your beautiful faces in the same place at the same time! Please check out our website www.joshandtashasmiley.com.

So last night, Charlie, Drew and I went to check out the new Star Wars "Film" (if you can call it such a thing), Star Wars: Clone Wars. Wow, as a Star Wars nerd, film school grad, and just general consumer, I am severely embarrassed for this film. The quality of this atrocity hit the lowest of the lows. The animation was poor, the plot completely lacked direction, and the screen writing was unimaginably horrid. It made me long for the days of such "Masterpieces" as The Phantom Menace. Seriously, what were they thinking with this thing? It is obviously just about the money these days for old Georgey, I can only thank God that he was sane long enough to give us the original trilogies of Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Well thats my rant for the day. This weekend should be good, getting fitted for my final tux tomorrow, Adens turning the big 4 on Sunday and maybe see Tropic Thunder and only hope for  some decent film making. 

Thanks for listening...


3 comments:

Dayna Blum, D.C. said...

way to blog it up, joshy! i wondered if you guys were gunna see that flick ;)

dsnowden said...

first, I second Tasha's comment. Second, I can't wait to see what comes of this blog. Also, did something happen to you iphone? (Good blog topic!)

Smiley-Schmiley (Blog alter ego) said...

ya something did happen to my iPhone, good blog topic indeed...